Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We Went to Halloween

Yes, so Pumpkin Farm, Round Two.

Explaining to a group of students that don't understand a word you say that we are going on a field trip to the pumpkin patch is HILARIOUS.  One kid shouted out, "We're going to Halloween?!!?!" Which was close enough, so I told him yes.

The day really was so so great!  All of the kids were incredibly well behaved, the bus was on time, the Pumpkin Farm is really well organized, and I had some awesome adults (including Lee's mom!) helping me out.

 Christi was great at making sure no one fell out of the hayride. 


 The ride was so beautiful.

 Near the end of our trip I told the students it was time to pick out pumpkins.   When I was little (yesterday) I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time looking over every pumpkin in order to locate the most perfect one.  The Pumpkin Farm is equipped with about a million pumpkins, and I wanted to make sure we made it back to school before dark so I set a time limit.  I told them they had exactly six minutes to choose a pumpkin.  I thought I was so clever, making sure those kids didn't spend hours scouring the patch, and, just like always, they made all my plans for not.  When I said, "You have six minutes...go!" They all bent over and grabbed the nearest pumpkin, then swarmed towards me like sharks to raw meat because I was the one holding the sharpie that would write their names on the pumpkins, making them theirs forever.

 Christi caught some of the swarm on camera.

 Yeah, I like to wear my backpacks in the front.

Way to go guys.  
Now it's time for juice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...