Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jessica Hall Turns into Jessica Burns


 Jessica is married!

It is so exciting.  Jessica has been my friend since we were in Seventh grade.  We got ready for dances together in middle school, got dressed up to go to prom together, lived together in college, lived together in San Francisco, and Saturday I got to be her Maid of Honor in her wedding.  What I'm saying is, we've had some awesome milestones together, and I was so happy that she and Ryan invited me to be a part of this one as well.

I was a regular paparazzo at the wedding, and I tried to capture as many moments as I could on the trusty Nikon.

 Keely was quite the trooper

That took a while.

 Good thing you are drinking that champagne because two hours from now your hairstylist is going to start all over.

 I know, I know, I can't believe that girl from Teen Mom is broke either!

 The bouquets were beautiful!
 A little pre-wedding snack

 Zipping...

 Zipping...

 Ta da!

 Take a picture of her hair and show her how it looks!

 So happy!

 Blaine Hall could not be cuter.

 And his daughter could not be prettier.

 Trolley ride to the church

 Mr. and Mrs. Norrell came.
Eric was sporting a fresh tatoo.
The Mrs. was none too pleased.

 Married hand.

 Keely and Nicole made the hottest of totties on the trolley to the reception.
Jessica has hit the sister in law jackpot.

 I mean, the Cliff House is BEAUTIFUL.

 So is Liz.

 and Katie

 Getting married makes you hungry

 Eric, Communion is over, you don't have to cross your arms like that anymore.

 Cute

 Clearly, Kristy is hilarious.

 Oh, hey Lee!

 The Hall sisters

Congratulations, tiny friend!

The following is an account of the most important incident of the day.

During the actual ceremony inside an actual Catholic church in the middle of actual Communion an uninvited guest entered the building.  No one noticed him at first, but it didn't take long for us to realize that the homeless man who had aimlessly wandered in from outside was not personally invited.  To his credit, he was very quiet and polite, and all he wanted to do was participate in Communion, which he did.  Twice.  

First he tried to receive the host from Father Xavier, but he would only give him a blessing, not the Communion wafer.  Thinking on his toes, the homeless man went around the pews and then got in the line where Ryan's father was passing out the body of Christ.  Mr. Burns was nice enough to give what he came for, and then the man did a few more confused passes around the church before he crossed himself and silently slipped outside.

Of course, all of us in the Wedding Party, perched on the altar with a perfect view of what was going on below, were trying not to lose it.  I was biting my lip, looking at the ground, and I tried to imagine a ventriloquist dummy (my number one fear) so I wouldn't laugh out loud.

Kristy Norrell tried to capture the man with my camera.  If you look just to the left of Lee's face you can see a dark outline of a person sneaking down the aisle towards the exit. 


I think it's fitting that we were only able to capture his outline, as we was gone just as quickly as he came.  From now on I'm going to refer to him as "The Shadow."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I told Pat, Ryan's mom, that you have a picture of the homeless guy. She wants it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...