Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday Afternoon

Friday was so crazy!  I was in San Francisco for my friend Jessica's wedding (more on that later), and Friday turned out to be a whirlwind of manicures and lunches and relatives and friends and hugs and babies.
My friends Rebecca and Bill were so nice enough to let us stay with them, even though they have a two month old baby! He is super tiny and super cute.  Here's how my time with them went:

 I had oatmeal and banana milkshakes with her

 Then we went home and ate lemon blackberry treats

and I snuggled this super cute baby.
His name is James.
Sometimes he looks like ET, but not so much in this picture.

Also, I managed to make it over to my old school, Paul Revere, where I worked for three years.  Wowza, what a homecoming!

If you ever want to feel like a celebrity you need to do only these few things:
1. Become a teacher.
2. Work at the same school for three years
3. Go work at a new school
4. Return for a visit to your old school, and prepare for the onslaught of screaming.

It was wonderful to see my old coworkers and students.  The kids were darling, jumping up and down, hugging me, hugging each other, and (of course) I got filled in on some very important gossip.  (This blog is not privy to such gossip).  And I even got a tamale from a parent, free of charge. 

4 comments:

Beth said...

Fun! Glad to hear you got to visit. Deb and I are heading to SF Halloween weekend and are so very excited to meet James. She's ready for the screaming at PR too. Isn't it great to be a celebrity somewhere?

Unknown said...

It was a special surprise to see your beautiful smiling face on Friday! I miss you!!

Carol

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teacher said...

I miss both of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...