Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Focus: Brian Williams

So, I pretty much LOVE Brian Williams.

Much like other women squeal with joy when they come across a movie with Matthew McConaughey, or a football game with Tom Brady, I do a double take when I happen upon a newscast featuring Brian Williams. He is my main Nightly News man.

I love his poise, I love his reporting, I love his awful side-part (He probably maintains that part even while he bathes) and I love the way he out-funnies John Stewart and Steven Colbert. I have visions of the children we would have: three little boys, all running around in miniature suits, with perfect articulation and the savant ability to read from a teleprompter (we would have several teleprompters in our home). They would emerge from the womb with a natural side part, and never, EVER stutter.

I mostly love him because I think he is playing a great big trick on everyone.  He is HILARIOUS, but plays it cool for all the squares who like their Nightly News served to them in a more serious tone.  I, however, am not fooled. With credits on such shows as The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, SNL, and Jimmy Fallon he has a pretty impressive comedy resume.  He mostly just makes fun of reporting, and I love nothing more than a (news) man who can laugh at himself.

Also, he has a blog.  A BLOG! Here it is!

I would put a photograph of Mr. Brian Williams on this blog, but I don't know a ton about copy right laws so I'm nervous to just pluck one off the internet and post it here.  Don't worry; though: I created his likeness in a free paint document I found online.

Do you see the side part?

Thanks Brian.
You're a riot.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Have you seen this clip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxoCi4wCmI

Easily Amuse-bouched said...

Oh. My. God.

I have never had anyone so clearly put into words my exact feelings about Brian Williams before.

He is so unbelievably DREAMY.

خدمات منزلية said...

زهرة الخليج
شركة مكافحة حشرات بتبوك
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...