Sunday, August 1, 2010

Almost Home! (To My New Home)

I just have one week of camp left.  
(Sad Face)

After that I will move to Sacramento, set up a new house, set up a new classroom, re-learn the Spanish language, and try not to lose my mind, all within the span of two weeks.

I've noticed an unfortunate trend when it comes to my moves: I'm terrible at them.  I always manage to schedule it so I am moving out of/into a house AND a classroom at the same time.  This is especially stressful because my moving priorities are all out of wack.  My top concern for my classroom is finding twenty cute handkerchiefs to hang on a clothesline near the sink so the students will have individual hand towels.  Alphabet be damned, MY kids will dry their hands on coordinating towels.  To add to the mania, I have lost sleep over trying to find a couch for our house that is the perfect shade of gray, as I have convinced myself that the key to my happiness lies in a comfortable slate gray couch.  In a perfect world, I envision myself sitting on said couch, surrounded by a million unpacked boxes, with a pile of perfectly folded handkerchiefs resting in my lap.

Oh, also, I need to get my hair done.  No sane person can be expected to find a couch or teach kindergarten with roots.

Obviously.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...