Thursday, June 3, 2010

Betty White, Father Time is Coming For You!

I've just received word via my roommates (and then later confirmed by cnn.com) that ANOTHER Golden Girl has passed away.  

HEART BREAK

I love the Golden Girls. Sophia makes me laugh out loud; Blanche makes me blush with her brazen sexuality; Rose is the sweetest lady to ever come out of St. Olaf, and I AM Dorothy.  The passing of Estelle Getty (Sophia) and Bea Arthur (Dorothy) was almost too much to bear, but now BLANCHE?  This trend is becoming all too upsetting, and I am genuinely concerned for Betty White, who has just recently hit her stride with the Super Bowl commercial and hosting SNL.

 In all seriousness, I do love that show, I think all of those women are pee-in-the-pants funny, and I really am sad to hear that Rue McClanahan has passed away.  Those women make me pine for a Florida retirement, and I only hope that when I'm old and sarcasting (yes...when...) that I'm half as hot as they were.

In honor of these awesome women of comedy, let's not soon forget the advice of this novelty shirt:


Stay Golden



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...